Thursday, September 4, 2008

William Bouguereau The Abduction of Psyche painting

William Bouguereau The Abduction of Psyche paintingPierre-Auguste Cot spring paintingWilliam Bouguereau the first kiss painting
grinning as of old, soot on chin and teeth a-flash. In his sidecar -- manacled, disheveled, bruised, and glum -- Peter Greene, with Stoker's pistol at his head! Anastasia ran from him, to hug my knees. Everyone milled about; the lynching was temporarily forgot.
"Pleasedon't let them hurt George!" My Ladyship begged me. "We'll try again tonight, if you want to. The whole night!"
A dreadful thought occurred to me as she spoke, so that only later did I realize what she'd said.
"Did Greene attack you?" Even as I asked I groaned with the certainty that he had, brought to it by disillusionment at my hands.
She pounded my kneecaps with her fists. "It doesn'tmatter! Please do what you promised, Mr. Bray! I'll findsome way to have a baby with you; Iswear it!"
My eyes blinded -- with tears of chagrin that would not, however, fall -- and I pushed through to where my mother knelt kissing the semblance of myself. Restive now, the crowd were arguing with Stoker's men and unabashedly restringing the noose. I tried to say "Wait!" but the cry lodged in my throat. Bray smiled through his bloody mask expectantly; upon his chest my mother wept. I pointed at him and managed at last to say: "That man's an impostor!"
"You're telling us, sir?" his captors laughed, and made

No comments: