Sunday, August 31, 2008

Guido Reni The Archangel Michael painting

Guido Reni The Archangel Michael paintingFrancois Boucher The Rape of Europa paintingMichelangelo Buonarroti The Creation of Adam painting
It took some while for Virginia Hector to comprehend the nature of her daughter's misunderstanding, which was of course quite apparent to me; whatwasn't evident however, even when her mother made it clear that she'd been speaking of a male child, the GILES Himself, I was pleased to see Anastasia question next: how came it that she had been spared, and I condemned? Miss Hector grew vague; seemed not readily to understand the question. . .
"It had to be twins you had, didn't it?" Anastasia persisted. "Uncle Ira never mentioned any brother of mine -- I see why, now! -- but he always liked to tell how he'd helped deliver me himself. . ."
"Well. Yes. Naturally." But Miss Hector's tone bespoke a fuddledness.
"Then how come we weren'tboth EATen?"
Instead of replying directly to the question, Lady Creamhair declared sharply that no one had been EATen: the whole hope of her strategy, she said, was that WESCAC would recognize its own and not only desist but contrive my preservation when she restored me to it.

No comments: