Thursday, October 25, 2007

Famous painting

Famous painting
I'd have to hear more."
"Frankly, my dear girl, I could use you. You've got the sort of manner that's invaluable – creates confidence."
"Do you want me to help you sell gold bricks?"
"Nothing so risky. Just a little by-passing of the law - no more." His hand slipped up her arm. "You're damned attractive girl, Lucy. I'd like you as a partner."
"I'm flattered."
"Meaning nothing doing? Think about it. Think of the fun, the pleasure you'd get out of outwitting all the sobersides. The trouble is, one needs capital."
"I'm afraid I haven't got any."
Famous painting
"Oh, it wasn't a touch! I'll be laying my hands on some before long. My revered Papa can't live forever, mean old brute. When he pops off, I lay my hands on some real money. What about it, Lucy?"
"What are the terms?"
"Marriage if you fancy it. Women seem to, no matter how advanced and self-supporting they are. Besides, married women can't be made to give evidence against their husbands."
"Not so flattering!"
"Come off it, Lucy. Don't you realise I've fallen for you?"
Famous painting

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Famous painting

Anonymous said...

Famous painting

Anonymous said...

Famous painting