Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Decorative painting

Decorative painting
At the close of the performance I rose from my seat.The seat on my leftwas empty but in the one beyond a man was sitting,apparently asleep.I wasunable to pass him to get out as his legs were stuck out in front of him.Iasked him to allow me to pass.As he did not move I repeated my requestin-a-er-slightly louder tone.He still made no response.I then took him bythe shoulder to waken him.His body slumped down further and I becameaware-that he was either unconscious or seriously ill.I called out:"Thisgentleman is taken ill.Fetch the commissionaire."The commissionaire came.AsI took my hand from the man's shoulder I found it was wet and red......I canassure you,gentlemen,the shock was terrific!Anything might havehappened!For years I have suffered from cardiac weakness-"Colonel Andersonwas looking at Mr Downes with a very curious expression.
Decorative painting
"You can consider that you're a lucky man,Mr Downes." "I do,sir.Not even a palpitation!" "You don't quite take my meaning,Mr Downes. You were sitting two seats away,you say?" "Actually I was sitting at first in the next seat to the murderedman-then I moved along so as to be behind an empty seat." "You're about the same height and build as the dead man,aren't you,andyou were wearing a wollen scarf round your neck just as he was?" "I fail to see-"began Mr Downes stiffly.
Decorative painting

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Decorative painting

Anonymous said...

Decorative painting

Anonymous said...

The Singing Butler
vfgchfg