Tuesday, October 30, 2007

American Day Dream

American Day Dream
A Greek Beauty
A Lily Pond
Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder
heavens!--what did you do then?" ¡¡¡¡ "Ah--now you are angry with me!" she said, a contralto note of tragedy coming suddenly into her silvery voice. "I wouldn't have told you if I had known!" ¡¡¡¡ "No, I am not. Tell me all." ¡¡¡¡ "Well, I invested his money, poor fellow, in a bubble scheme, and lost it. I lived about London by myself for some time, and then I returned to Christminster, as my father--who was also in London, and had started as an art metal-worker near Long-Acre-- wouldn't have me back; and I got that occupation in the artist-shop where you found me.... I said you didn't know how bad I was!" ¡¡¡¡ Jude looked round upon the arm-chair and its occupant, as if to read more carefully the creature he had given shelter to. His voice trembled as he said: "However you have lived, Sue, I believe you are as innocent as you are unconventional!" ¡¡¡¡ "I am not particularly innocent, as you see, now that I have ¡¡¡¡ 'twitched the robe From that blank lay-figure your fancy draped,'" ¡¡¡¡ said she, with an ostensible sneer, though he could hear that she was brimming with tears. "But I have never yielded myself to any lover, if that's what you mean! I have remained as I began." ¡¡¡¡ "I quite believe you. But some women would not have remained as they began."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

American Day Dream
fghret

Anonymous said...

Christ In The Storm On The Sea Of Galilee

Anonymous said...

American Day Dream