Thursday, October 25, 2007

Abstract Painting

Abstract Painting
War time!" snapped Mr. Wimborne with waspish acerbity. "Yes, indeed, we were in Lincoln's Inn Fields at the outbreak of war and there was a direct hit on the house next door, and a great number of our records were destroyed. Not the really important documents, of course; they had been removed to the country of safety. But it caused a great deal of confusion. Of course, the Crackenthorpe business was in my father's hands at that time. He died six years ago. I dare say he may have been told about this so-called marriage of Edmund's - but on the face of it, it looks as though that marriage
Abstract Painting
even if contemplated, never took place, and so, no doubt, my father did not consider the story of nay importance. I must say, all this sounds very fishy to me. This coming forward, after all these years, and claiming a marriage and a legitimate son. Very fishy indeed. What proofs had she got, I'd like to know?"
"Just so," said Craddock. "What would her position, or her son's position be?"
"The idea was, I suppose, that she would get the Crackenthorpes to provide for her and for the boy."
"Yes, but I meant, what would she and the son be entitled to, legally speaking - if she could prove her claim?"
Abstract Painting

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Abstract Painting

Anonymous said...

Abstract Painting

Anonymous said...

Abstract Painting