Thursday, March 5, 2009

Paul Gauguin The Yellow Christ

Paul Gauguin The Yellow ChristPaul Gauguin The Vision After the SermonPaul Gauguin Spirit of the Dead Watching
The white cat purred and arched its back as if it was rubbing up against the legs of an old friend. Which was odd, because there was no one there.
"I was foolish," said a voice in tones no mortal could hear. "I assumed the magic would know what it was doing."
YOU WOULDN'T LIKE IT, he said. TAKE IT FROM ME.
"I've heard that some people do it all the time."
YOU'VE GOT TO BE TRAINED TO IT. YOU'VE GOT TO START OFF SMALL AND WORK UP. YOU'VE NO IDEA HOW HORRIBLE IT IS TO BE AN ANT.PERHAPS IT DOES. "If only I could do something . . . ." THERE IS NO GOING BACK. THERE IS NO GOING BACK, said the deep, heavy voice like the closing of crypt doors. The wisp of nothingness that was Drum Billet thought for a while. "But she's going to have a lot of problems." THAT'S WHAT life IS ALL ABOUT. SO I'M TOLD. I WOULDN'T KNOW, OF COURSE. "What about reincarnation?" Death hesitated.

No comments: