Thursday, February 12, 2009

Gustav Klimt The Music

Gustav Klimt The MusicGustav Klimt The FriendsGustav Klimt The Beethoven Frieze
red rocks. They stopped there to drink and refill their flasks, and to soak their aching feet in the icy water. They stayed a few minutes and moved on, and soon afterward, when the sun was at its highest and hottest, Serafina Pekkala darted down to speak to them. She was agitated.
"I must leave by the sun and pale under the burning.
"Will," she said, "d'you know why you have to find your father?"
"It's what I've always known. My mother said I'd take up my father's mantle. That's all I know."
"What does that mean, taking up his mantle? What's a mantle?"
"A task, I suppose. Whatever he's been doing, I've got to carry on. It makes as much sense as anything else." you for a while," she said. "Lee Scoresby needs me. I don't know why. But he wouldn't call if he didn't need my help. Keep going, and I'll find you.""Mr. Scoresby?" said Lyra, excited and anxious. "But where—"But Serafina was gone, speeding out of sight before Lyra could finish the question. Lyra reached automatically for the alethiometer to ask what had happened to Lee Scoresby, but she let her hand drop, because she'd promised to do no more than guide Will.She looked across to him. He was sitting nearby, his hand held loosely on his knee and still slowly dripping blood, his face scorched

No comments: