Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Unknown Artist Volk Warmth

Unknown Artist Volk WarmthUnknown Artist David Winston SolitudeJohn William Waterhouse Crystal Ball
encouraged those behind, as the brave urged on the fainthearted, as the old gave hope to the young.
"Is it much farther, No-Name?" said Lyra quietly. "Because this poor dragonfly's dying, and then his light'll go out."
The harpy stopped and turned to say:
"Just follow. If you But as she stumbled forward, a voice spoke just beside her, a familiar voice.
"Lyra, Lyra, child..."
And she turned in delight.
"Mr. Scoresby! Oh, I'm so glad to hear you! And it is you, I can see, just, oh, I wish I could touch you!"
In the faint, faint light she made out the lean form and the sardonic smile can't see, listen. If you can't hear, feel."Her eyes shone fierce in the gloom. Lyra nodded and said, "Yes, I will, but I'm not as strong as I used to be, and I'm not brave, not very anyway. Please don't stop. I'll follow you, we all will. Please keep going, No-Name."The harpy turned back and moved on. The dragonfly shine was getting dimmer by the minute, and Lyra knew it would soon be completely gone.

No comments: