Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Edward Hopper Girlie Show

Edward Hopper Girlie ShowEdward Hopper Early Sunday MorningJuan Gris The Guitar
"How do you know? Do you read his mind?"
"Of course I read his mind. Wherever he goes, my heart goes with him; we feel as one, though we are two."
Will looked around. There was no sign of human life, and the chill in the air was increasing by the minute as the light failed.
"I don't want to sleep here," he said. "We'll stay in the Cittagazze world for the night and come through in the morning. At least there's wood back there, and I can make a fire. And now I know what her world feels like, I can find it with the knife...Oh, Balthamos? Can you take any other shape?"
"Why would I wish to do that?"
"In this world human beings have daemons, and if I go about without one, they'll be suspicious. Lyra was frightened of me at first The bird did so, and then spoke in the angel's familiar acid tone:
"I shall only do this when it's absolutely necessary. It's unspeakably humiliating."
"Too bad," said Will. "Whenever we see people in this world, you become a bird. There's no point in fussing or arguing. Just do it."because of that. So if we're going to travel in her world, you'll have to pretend to be my daemon, and take the shape of some animal. A bird, maybe. Then you could fly, at least.""Oh, how tedious.""Can you, though?""I could...""Do it now, then. Let me see."The form of the angel seemed to condense and swirl into a little vortex in midair, and then a blackbird swooped down onto the grass at Will's feet."Fly to my shoulder," said Will. '''

No comments: