Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tamara de Lempicka Adam and Eve painting

Tamara de Lempicka Adam and Eve paintingWassily Kandinsky Squares with Concentric paintingGustav Klimt Portrait of Sonja Knips painting
want sunglasses now." What she proposed at last -- for I would not be put off -- was that I wash my face in the stream nearby with a piece of pink soap she had in her bag. I went to it with a fury, howevermuch the strong scent made me sneeze; and didn't stop at face and neck, but sat hip-deep in the cold creek and lathered my skin from head to foot. Lady Creamhair stood by, protesting my eagerness; she wiped the stinging suds from my eyes, rinsed my hair herself, declared I'd catch my death, and toweled me with her sweater until I glowed. Then she insisted I put on my wrapper and get to the barn before the sun went down. In a stiller pool I regarded the image of my face -- its sharp-edged planes, thick curls and gold-fuzzed chin -- and thought it good.
"You'll be a fine man," she told me when we parted for the day. "My, but doesn't he smell sweet now, and don't I love him!" She'd been combing my hair; here she stooped to face me, and I found myself kissed in the mouth.
The shophar sounded. "Bye-bye!" we called to each other, again and again across the fields. My wrapper was stiff and coarse next to my skin. "Bye-bye!" Hordes of blackbirds swept northwestwards; swallows sprang from the barn to dive in the last

No comments: