Monday, August 11, 2008

Patrick Devonas paintings

Patrick Devonas paintings
Peder Mork Monsted paintings
Pierre Auguste Renoir paintings
thinking so?" he asked. I nodded. "What's 'souls'?" he asked.
moment of your whole life you know that you are, then that's your life, that moment, that's unnua, that's all. In a short life I saw my mother's face, like the sun, so I'm here. In a long I went there and there and there; but I dug in the , the root of a weed came up in my hand, so I'm unnua. When you get old, you know, you keep being here instead of there, everything is here. Everything is here," she repeated, with a comfortable little laugh, and went on with her embroidery.
I have talked to other people about the Hennebet. Some of them are convinced that the Hennebet do literally experience reincarnation, remembering more and more of their previous lives as they grow older, until at death they rejoin an innumerable multitude of former selves, and are then reborn bringing this immaterial trail or train of old lives into a new
But I can't square this with the fact that soul and body are a single thing to them, so that either nothing or everything is material or immaterial. Nor does

No comments: