Monday, June 9, 2008

Jean-Honore Fragonard paintings

Jean-Honore Fragonard paintings
Jehan Georges Vibert paintings
Jean-Baptiste-Camille Corot paintings
James Childs paintings
LAUNCELOT
Do you not know me, father?
GOBBO
Alack, sir, I am sand-blind; I know you not.
LAUNCELOT
Nay, indeed, if you had your eyes, you might fail ofthe knowing me: it is a wise father that knows hisown child. Well, old man, I will tell you news ofyour son: give me your blessing: truth will cometo light; murder cannot be hid long; a man's sonmay, but at the length truth will out.
GOBBO
Pray you, sir, stand up: I am sure you are notLauncelot, my boy.
LAUNCELOT
Pray you, let's have no more fooling about it, butgive me your blessing: I am Launcelot, your boythat was, your son that is, your child that shallbe.
GOBBO
I cannot think you are my son.
LAUNCELOT
I know not what I shall think of that: but I amLauncelot, the Jew's man, and I am sure Margery yourwife is my mother.

No comments: