Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Gustav Klimt lady with fan painting

Gustav Klimt lady with fan painting
Gustav Klimt lady with fan I painting
Why should you think that I should woo in scorn?Scorn and derision never come in tears:Look, when I vow, I weep; and vows so born,In their nativity all truth appears.How can these things in me seem scorn to you,Bearing the badge of faith, to prove them true?
HELENA
You do advance your cunning more and more.When truth kills truth, O devilish-holy fray!These vows are Hermia's: will you give her o'er?Weigh oath with oath, and you will nothing weigh:Your vows to her and me, put in two scales,Will even weigh, and both as light as tales.
LYSANDER
I had no judgment when to her I swore.
HELENA
Nor none, in my mind, now you give her o'er.
LYSANDER
Demetrius loves her, and he loves not you.
DEMETRIUS
[Awaking]
O Helena, goddess, nymph, perfect, divine!To what, my love, shall I compare thine eyne?Crystal is muddy. O, how ripe in showThy lips, those kissing cherries, tempting grow!That pure congealed white, high Taurus snow,Fann'd with the eastern wind, turns to a crowWhen thou hold'st up thy hand: O, let me kissThis princess of pure white, this seal of bliss!

No comments: