Friday, May 23, 2008

Lady Laura Teresa Alma-Tadema paintings

Lady Laura Teresa Alma-Tadema paintings
Louise Abbema paintings
Leonardo da Vinci paintings
Lord Frederick Leighton paintings
Then all rose, and Tom Canty cried out:
"Now, O my king, take these regal garments back, and give poor Tom, thy servant, his shreds and remnants again."
The Lord Protector spoke up:
"Let the small varlet be stripped and flung into the Tower."
But the new king, the true king, said:
"I will not have it so. But for him I had not got my crown again-none shall lay a hand upon him to harm him. And as for thee, my good uncle, my Lord Protector, this conduct of thine is not grateful toward this poor lad, for I hear he hath made thee a duke"-the Protector blushed-" yet he was not a king; wherefore, what is thy fine title worth now? To-morrow you shall sue to me, through him, for its confirmation, else no duke, but a simple earl, shalt thou remain." Under this rebuke, his grace the Duke of Somerset retired a little from the front for the moment. The king turned to Tom, and said, kindly:
"My poor boy, how was it that you could remember where I hid the Seal when I could not remember it myself?"

No comments: