Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder
American Day Dream
Biblis painting
Boulevard des Capucines
So he put on his hat, and went out with his cane under his arm: very upright, and humming a tune when he was clear of the counting-house. ¡¡¡¡Mr. Quinion then formally engaged me to be as useful as I could in the warehouse of Murdstone and Grinby, at a salary, I think, of six shillings a week. I am not clear whether it was six or seven. I am inclined to believe, from my uncertainty on this head, that it was six at first and seven afterwards. He paid me a week down (from his own pocket, I believe), and I gave Mealy sixpence out of it to get my trunk carried to Windsor Terrace that night: it being too heavy for my strength, small as
oil painting
it was. I paid sixpence more for my dinner, which was a meat pie and a turn at a neighbouring pump; and passed the hour which was allowed for that meal, in walking about the streets. ¡¡¡¡At the appointed time in the evening, Mr. Micawber reappeared. I washed my hands and face, to do the greater honour to his gentility, and we walked to our house, as I suppose I must now call it, together; Mr. Micawber impressing the name of streets, and the shapes of corner houses upon me, as we went along, that I might find my way back, easily, in the morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder"
还没有评论。 - 显示原始文章

Anonymous said...

A Greek Beauty